Thursday, October 6, 2011

Some Ramblings...

I kept telling myself that once I had a baby blogging would become a lot easier, because I would lead a much more interesting life and therefore have more stories to share. Here I am, two months after Ada was born, and I still don't have many blog postings. It's not that my life isn't interesting, having a newborn has definitely filled my days with new experiences; I just realized that I'm not so much of a storyteller. I read and follow my friend's blogs and I don't know how they do it. They have the ability to just talk about anything, and it's interesting stuff! I enjoy reading it. For some reason I can't think of things to say. I am going to try harder. Here is my first attempt:
I haven't been very good at taking pictures of my sweet baby, and of our little family together. I'm pretty sure it's because I'm embarrassed about my house. It's beyond tiny, which was fine when we first moved in because we didn't have much to our name. But through the months we've accumulated quite a bit of "stuff" (gaining a family member can do that). It's also the third floor of a house, so during the summer was disgustingly hot up here. We spent most of the summer in our underwear, which is another reason I haven't been able to take many pictures.
The fall season has hit now, it's even snowing today, so the clothes are being put on! (TMI?)
There is still the problem of piles of storage tubs and bags of clothes in the corner of our house because of lack of storage space that's preventing me from sharing fun moments with you via photos. I am certainly looking forward to moving in to a nice, spacious apartment in January. We have one in mind, I just hope it all works out and that there will be an opening at that time. Maybe then I will take tons of pictures. Our belongings will be more organized and I'll have the energy and desire to decorate and become more of a domestic housewife. Right now I have no counter space to bake and no wall space to be crafty. I'll have to take some pictures of our place and share them with you in order for you to have a full understanding of what this past year has been like. We've survived it; it's been a good first home for us "newlyweds", but as you can clearly tell by my long list of complaints, it is time to move on.
Our tiny apartment is my one complaint, though. I feel very blessed to even have a warm home for my baby. My husband has two jobs; one provides benefits, the other let's him work from home, and neither are super time consuming. We get to spend most of the day together as a family, laughing at all the little things Ada does as we discover her personality more and more.

No comments:

Post a Comment